Finding the Root Cause
a little bit about Dr. Beck
Why Choose Dr. Beck?
She knows her patients are worth it. deserve more. can move mountains.
Dr. Beck Forsland (West) spent many years looking for answers after two incidences: a freak boating accident in her teens left her with debilitating low back pain and intense acne in her late teens which caused big self-esteem issues. Allopathic medicine sought to diagnose and prescribe, but ultimately did not help or address the root causes. That medical paradigm did not resonate with her and she spent years learning Yoga, Mindfulness and Meditation, Therapeutic Exercise, Nutritional Therapy, Craniosacral Therapy, and Reiki. It took a few years, but today Dr. Beck does not deal with those conditions.
Dr. Beck began her formal medical training at the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon. She graduated with a Doctor of Chiropractic and then returned to UWS to receive her Masters degree in Functional Medicine and Human Nutrition. She has since worked with a variety of patients. Many wanted to address pain, illness, autoimmune conditions, and injury in the most minimally invasive way possible. Many others wanted to achieve peak performance and continue to feel well and move freely. Through it all, Dr. Beck is a firm believer in going back to the basics: therapeutic exercise, manual therapy and adjustments, hormone regulation, personalized nutrition, restful sleep, and healthy relationships to balance the body, to decrease stress, to reduce toxic burden, and to allow the body to heal.
In her free time, Dr. Forsland enjoys adventuring and living lightly on the earth with her husband, son, and backyard chickens.
Beck Forsland (West), DC, MS
- Doctor of Chiropractic (2021); University of Western States, Portland, OR
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine (2023); University of Western States, Portland, OR
- Bachelor’s of Science (B.S., 2020) Human Biology; University of Western States, Portland, OR
- Bachelor’s of Science (B.S., 2008) Sociology Major, Art Major; University of Wisconsin, River Falls, WI
State of Oregon, Doctor of Chiropractic License # 6160
- MinistrySafe Child Sexual Abuse Awareness Training 2023
- The Anatomy of Breastfeeding 2023
- Spinning Babies Workshop 2021
- Operation Osprey clinical correlative studies with Dr. Bill Moreau 2020-2021
- Tier 1 Star Behavioral Health Providers (Sponsored by Returning Veterans Project) 2020
- STEADI: Older Adult Fall Prevention 2020
- Changing the Conversation about Pain 2020
- Cervicothoracic TULIP Seminar 2020
- CranioSacral Therapy I Training, Upledger Institute 2018
- YogaCARE Conference 2017
- How to Rewire the Traumatized Brain 2017
- Trauma-Informed, Brain-Sensitive Yoga Teacher Training, Portland, OR 2017
- Yoga Teacher Training 500-hour, Blue Mounds, WI 2014-2016
- Yoga Teacher Training 200-hour, Green Bay, WI 2011
- Webster Certified for prenatal care through the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, 2021 – present (link)
- Certified Yoga Therapist through the International Association of Yoga Therapists, 2019 – present
- Certified Life Coach through Transform Coaching Academy, 2015 – present
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) by Yoga Alliance at the E-RYT 500-hour level, 2011 – 2019
5+ years diversified, activator, drop table, Webster spinal manipulative therapy
5+ years Craniosacral therapy
5+ years manual therapy techniques including pin-and-stretch, effleurage, cross friction, and more
18+ years in the nutrition field
18+ years in the yoga field